Ortofon Hi-Fi MC Quintet Red Moving Coil Cartridge
Enter the Exclusive world of Ortofon’s famous moving coil sound!
The Quintet Red is a perfect introduction to the world of Ortofon moving coils. It features an Elliptical diamond which is cut and polished to Ortofon’s high standards.
This entry-level MC cartridge has a very high price-to-performance ratio and is the perfect all-rounder for the newcomers to the world of Moving Coil cartridges.
Ease of use
Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminuim frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec | 0.5 mV
- Channel balance | 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz | 21 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz | 14 dB
- Frequency range at -3 dB | 20 - 25,000Hz
- Frequency response 20-20,000 Hz | +/-2.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force | 65 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral | 15 μm/mN
- Stylus type | Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius | r/R 8/18 μm
- Tracking force range | 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force (recommended) | 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle | 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance | 7 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance | 20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material | ABS/Aluminium
- Coil wire material | Copper
- Cartridge colour | Red
- Cartridge weight | 9 g
Ortofon is the first name in hi-fi cartridges. Founded in 1918 with the aim of exploring the possibilities of optical hi-fidelity recording, they developed one of the first synchronised sound film systems in the world. After a series of innovations and advancements in technology, the company began to diversify into the burgeoning gramophone industry in the 1940s. Ortofon pioneered the use of moving coil technology in phonograph equipment, with the first cutting head based on this technology being introduced in 1945. From their range of vintage-style mono cartridges to modern designs employing computational resonance analysis and cutting-edge manufacturing techniques, Ortofon have the best cartridges on offer for every music lover.