Pre-Order | Arriving End July 2021
High-end turntable with 10“ tonearm
Superlative vinyl performance in a more compact size!
The Xtension 10 Evolution is an ideal turntable for those searching for excellent sound quality. It incorporates all the quality attained from our 20 years of experience in turntable design. The Xtension 10 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal sand, with high mass and ultra-low resonance. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 22kg total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles.
Instead of the old standard adoption of pure metal used for the main platter, we've found a perfect alloy which we damped on the inner side with Sorbothane®. Additionally, we glue recycled vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension.
The Pro-Ject 10cc Evolution, with its tonearm base, also benefits from 'high-mass' technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane®. To use this tonearm with a wide range of top quality phono cartridges, from 4 to 14g, it comes with a set of 4 different Sorbothane®- damped counterweights. Xtension 10 Evolution comes with a beautiful dustcover with adjustable hinges.
- Super-heavy 22 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record clamp
- Extremely low level of natural resonance
- Perfect decoupling through magnetic feet
- Electronic speed control 33/45/78 Upm
- Tonearm 10cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
- Cartridge sold separately (Ortofon Quintet Bronze)